1. This contest is organised by SPH Media Ltd (“SPH Media“, “we”, “our” or “us”), in partnership with HSBC Bank (Singapore) Limited (collectively, the “Organisers”).
2. Your participation in the contest will be subject to:
(a) the terms and conditions herein; and
(b) the SPH Online Contests & Lucky Draws Terms and Conditions (found at https://www.sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/online-contests/) (“Contest T&Cs”),(collectively, the “T&Cs“).In the event of any conflict or inconsistencies among the T&Cs, the terms herein shall prevail.
3. By participating in the contest, you accept and agree to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs, including any amendments we may make hereto.
How to Enter
4. To participate in this contest:
(a) Access the contest landing page at https://contest.sph.com.sg/campaigns/hsbc-football-clinic-with-tottenham-hotspur-giveaway/; and
(b) Submit a contest entry by telling us who your favourite Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (“THFC”) player is and why.
5. The 5 best submissions will each win one set of the following prizes:
(i) A pair of tickets to attend THFC’s open training session at the Singapore National Stadium on 25 July 2023; and
(ii) A slot for a child aged between 8 to 16 years old, to attend the HSBC football clinic with THFC for kids on 24 July 2023.
6. Regardless of the number of entries submitted, each participant will only be entitled to one chance in the lucky draw to win.
7. The submission period for this contest shall be from 17 July 2023 to 19 July 2023 (both dates inclusive), or any other date(s) that may be determined by us (“contest period”).
8. Winners will be contacted on or around 20 July 2023 via email, SMS and/or phone call. Upon confirmation, prizes will be sent to the winners via email. In the event that the winners fail to respond within 24 hours from our notification, we reserve the right to render your claim for the prizes as forfeit or award your prize to another participant.
9. Our decision on all aspects of the contest and lucky draw shall be final. No verbal or written correspondence, including but not limited to enquiries and appeals, will be entertained.
10. The contest is only open to The Business Times (“BT”) subscribers who are resident in Singapore aged 18 years or above , except:
(a) employees of SPH Media Limited;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of SPH Media Limited who are professionally connected with the contest or its administration; and
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
11. We will not accept entries for the contest if, in our discretion, we determine that your entries are automatically generated by computer, entries via bot accounts, or entries completed by third parties or in bulk.
12. By participating in this contest, you confirm that you are eligible to do so, and you affirm the accuracy of all information provided to us. We may require you to provide proof of your eligibility.
13. If any point in time, whether or not during the contest period, we determine that you have breached the T&Cs, that you have provided us with false information, or that you do not or did not meet the eligibility criteria for the contest, we may disqualify you from the contest, and forfeit, withhold, reclaim, or recover from you any prizes won received through the contest (or the value of such prizes).
14. Prizes are:
(a) not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash;
(b) provided for your personal and non-commercial use only. You will not resell the prizes to any other persons whether for profit or otherwise, and you shall not charge other persons for use of the prizes; and
(c) available whilst stocks last, and we reserve the right and discretion to vary, withdraw or substitute the prize(s)_with any other product(s) or item(s) of similar value without prior notice.
15. We do not accept any:
(a) responsibility for contest sign-ups that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; and
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of sign-up for the contest.
16. By participating in the contest, you agree that:
(a) any and all personal data submitted for the contest may be collected, used, processed and/or disclosed by (i) the Organisers, their related corporations and their affiliates, and (ii) the contest sponsor(s), for various purposes including to communicate with you for purposes related to the contest (including to notify you of the outcome of the contest, to provide you with prizes, and to verify your identity and eligibility for the contest), to provide goods and services to you upon request, to send you marketing information on products and services offered by the Organisers, and such other purposes the Organisers may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that you may have otherwise given your consent to the Organisers.
(b) the Organisers may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers and the contest sponsor(s), your personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of you (“Material“) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in the Organisers’ publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the contest or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
(c) the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Organisers without further compensation.
17. You shall not, without our prior written approval, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the contest.
18. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with the contest, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these T&Cs apply to this contest nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
19. We have the right to vary or amend the terms and conditions of the contest by posting such amendments on our website(s) or publications. In the event of any discrepancy in details of the dates set out in our print newspapers and our websites, the dates on the websites shall prevail.
20. These T&Cs are governed by Singapore law. If any entrants to this contest wish to take court proceedings, then they must do this within the courts in Singapore.
(version 14 July 2023)